Sully's Big Blog! Commentary on College Football, Weekly Games, And Strange Statistics!

Power 5 Schedules For 2020 Season

Here is what I am hearing for the 2020 season. 25% chance the season will begin as scheduled, 25% possibility it will be cancelled, and 50% chance the games will be modified. A later start, fewer games, play w/o fans, etc. So more to follow in the coming weeks!

As you review the schedules, please note they are color coded to help you get a sense of a specific team’s strength of schedule; Red is a conference game, yellow is a non-conference tilt vs a Power 5 opponent, Green is a non-conference contest vs a Group of 5 opponent, & Blue is an FCS (Football Championship Subdivision / or 63 scholarship program) team! The FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) includes both the Power 5 Conferences as well as the G5 Conferences.

The SEC, which we are presenting first, plays 8 conference & 4 non-conference games. Typically, the teams in this conference, play 1 P5 (yellow), 2 G5’s (green) & 1 FCS (blue) opponent. If you see 2 yellow dots, that would indicate that team has scheduled up and is playing 2 power 5 clubs (Georgia is the only SEC team that is playing 2 P5’s) every other team plays 1 P5, 2 G5’s & 1 FCS

The Mighty SEC: 

To access the pages below, simply highlight and click and it will take you directly to the SEC schedule page or SCFP home page!

The site for those of you that have not visited Sully’s College Football Page can be accessed at:

http://www.sullyscollegefootballpage.com/index.cfm

Here is the 2020 SEC schedule! As I am a staff of one please let me know if you see an error (as I do make them) or leave a comment as / if the spirit moves you.

http://www.sullyscollegefootballpage.com/Football_Stats/Conference_Listings.cfm?MCID=1&DVID=6

Some games of interest:

Bama opens with USC @ AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX. Last meeting was in 2016, the Tide rolled & rolled & rolled, 52-7!

Arkansas travels north to take on the Irish. This will be a good measuring tool for Sam Pittman as he takes over as the ‘hogs’ head man!

Auburn heads northeast to battle UNC & Mack Brown!

Florida ends its season against in-state-rival Florida State in Tallahassee, the Seminoles will be much improved under Mike Norvell’s, (Memphis HC in 2019) leadership!

Georgia begins its 2020 season with 1 P5 opponent, Virginia and ends with another G-Tech, a P5 from the ACC!

Kentucky ‘laces em up’ vs in-state-rival Louisville in its season finale.

LSU vs Texas in Louisiana, this may be the best non-conference of the 2020 season (TX QB, Sam Ehlinger is back & LSU QB Joe Burrow is gone). This one should be fun!!

Mississippi State & new coach, Mike Leach, take on NC State & Dave Doeren, State started the season 4-2 & then lost 6 in a row to end their 2019 campaign.

Missouri battles BYU in Provo, UT, the Tigers have a new coach for the 2020 season, Eli Drinkwitz, fresh off a 1 year stint at Appalachian State.

Ole Miss and the Lane Train (Lane Kiffin @ Florida Atlantic last year) welcome Baylor and Dave Aranda (who was the DC @ LSU last season) to Oxford, MS! Mr. Offense (Kiffin) vs Mr. Defense (Aranda) this game has intrigue already!

South Carolina vs Clemson to end their respective 2020 seasons, SC had won 5 in a row (2009 through 2013) and now Clemson has won 6 straight (2014 through 2019)!

Tennessee travels west to kick it off vs Oklahoma, this could launch the Vols back into the national conversation, as they are making steady progress under Jeremy Pruitt’s instruction.

Texas A&M has invited an old B-12 rival to College Station, Colorado, who is also playing in a different league, the Pac-12!

Vandy will head west to take on a B-12 opponent, Kansas State, in week three!

I am still working on the site’s many features and will be updating from today until kickoff, whenever that may be? I’ll keep u in the loop . . . as I get caught up!

Tomorrow we will look at the B-10!

If U R able; Stay Home! Stay Safe!

 

This entry was posted in #1 Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>