10. Michigan State 6-1 @ Northwestern 4-3: The visitor is 9-1 in the last 10 games. The last time the Spartans were in Evanston, they won, 30-6! MSU is 21-8 in B-10 road games, including last year’s 0-4 debacle!, That said the Cats scored at will against the Spartans last year in East Lancing, winning 54-40! Northwestern enters the game with 2 straight wins, 37-21 over Maryland & 17-10 in OT over Iowa. MSU has not lost since the ND game, winning four in a row including a 14-10 victory over Michigan! Vegas Hot$heets opened with MSU -1, while SCFP thinks, MSU wins the Statistical battle 6-2 and the Game 23-22!
TV ESPN 2:30 P.M.
9. Mississippi State 5-2 @ Texas A&M 5-2: The visiting team has lost 4 in a row! The games have not been nail-biters; in 13 MSU lost to A&M, 51-41, in 13′ the Bulldogs won, 48-31, in 2015, it was A&M, 30-17, and in 16;, we finally had a one score game with Mississippi State winning, 35-28! Last year the Aggies were ranked 4th in the 1st CFP poll and entered this game with a 6-1 record (only loss was to Bama, 33-14) they lost this game and then 3 of their final 4, including their Bowl game vs Kansas State, 33-28! Vegas Hot$heets opened with Texas A&M -2, while SCFP says not so fast my Friend, Miss St. wins in a Statistical rout 7-1 and the Game score of 30-25 Bulldogs!
TV ESPN 6:15 P.M.
8. Georgia 7-0 vs Florida 3-3: “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party”, no longer in vogue. but none-the-less an appropriate name to describe the the prelude goings-on prior to kick-off. This is the 22nd straight year the game has been played in Jacksonville, Fl and fittingly Florida has won 3 in a row! Further, these games have not been close, in 14′ the Gators won 38-20, in 15′ 27-3 and last year, Florida won, 24-10. Georgia is 7-0 and ranked 2nd on SCFP while Florida is 3-3 and unranked! Vegas Hot$heets opened with Georgia -12.5, while SCFP says its all Georgia, ‘Dawgs’ win in a Statistical rout 8-0 and the Game by a score of 31-19!
TV CBS 2:30 P.M.
7. Georgia Tech 4-2 @ Clemson 6-1: G-Tech 2 losses are both by 1 point, 42-41 in double OT to Tennessee & 25-24 to Miami, FL! Clemson’s one loss is to Syracuse, 27-24 on Oct 13th. Miami beat Syracuse, 27-19 a week after surviving the Yellow Jackets! These comparative scores may be meaningless, as Kelly Bryant, Clemson’s QB has been cleared to play on Saturday. He suffered a concussion and was forced to leave the Syracuse Game. Paul Johnson is 5-5 vs Clemson and Clemson has not lost 2 straight in 78 games. Vegas Hot$heets opens liking Clemson -16, while SCFP agrees, Clemson dominates the Statistical battle 6-2, but wins a tight game, 27-25!
TV ESPN 2 / 7:00 P.M.
6. USC 6-2 @ Arizona State 4-3: The Trojans will be limping into Sun Devil Stadium or will they? It depends how quickly they recover from the 49-14 tail-whippin they suffered in South Bend! The winner of this game is in the drivers seat to make the P-12 Championship game and the loser, sadly, is more or less over & out! These teams are passing in the night with ASU heading up the ladder and USC sliding down. SC needs to to recover mentally from the ND experience, its play-off hopes gone, and focus on the P-12 Championship. While ASU has beaten an undefeated (at the time) Washington, 13-7, a very good Utah team, 30-10 and has only objective; a berth in the P-12 Championship Game! Heading into Saturday, SC is 4-1 and ASU is 3-1 in P-12 play! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying it is USC -6, while SCFP thinks SC recovers and easily wins the Statistical battle 6-2, and yet survives a close game, 30-28!
TV ESPN 9:45 P.M.
5. UCLA 4-3 @ Washington 6-1: The Huskies are now the standard bearer for the P-12 to reach the CFP and to do so, will need, not only to win out, but do so impressively! Washington is entering a tough five week stretch that will make or break their play-off aspirations (UCLA & Oregon @ home, @ Stanford, and Utah and Wash. St at home). Meanwhile the Bruins are coming off a win over Oregon, 31-14 and feature one of the nations best QB’s, Josh Rosen. He is 2nd in the country in passing yardage with 2,620 and tied for 8th with 19 TDs! To make matters worse for the Huskies, their secondary is banged up! CBs Jordan Miller & Byron Murphy are both out! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying forget those D-Backs, its Washington -17.5, while SCFP thinks Washington wins the Statistical battle 6-2, and the game, by a score of 38-25!
TV ESPN 2 / 2:30 P.M.
4. Oklahoma State 6-1 @ West Virginia 5-2: This game will turn on 2 words Will & Grier. WV’s QB is one of the best kept secrets in both the B-12 & the nation. Grier leads the nation with 26 TD passes to only 5 picks and 66.% completion rate! Or Maybe, the 2 words are Mason and Rudolph! OSU’s QB leads the nation in passing yards 2.650 (30 more than Rosen) and in Passing yards per game @ 378.6. Clearly, this is the day’s best match-up in QB play! The WRs in this game are also outstanding, the Cowboy’s James Washington leads the nation in receiving yards per game (130.6) and is 2nd in the nation in receiving yards (914). While WV’s David Stills leads the country in Receiving TDs (15) and a 2nd WV receiver, Gary Jennings, is 4th in the FBS in receptions per game (8.0)! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying Mason & Rudolph, its Ok. St -7, while SCFP thinks Oklahoma State wins the Statistical battle 6-2, and the game, by a score of 37-33!
TV ABC 11:00 A.M.
3. TCU 7-0 @ Iowa State 5-2: Ohio ain’t that far from Iowa, but for Matty Campbell, it must seem like light years ‘ from Toledo to Ames. Two years ago he was winning games for the Rockets in relative obscurity, now he is becoming a household name in the college football world. Four weeks ago, the Cyclones were 2-2 and headed to yet, another so-so season and then came the shocker! ISU went into Norman and beat an undefeated (at the time) OU, 38-31, followed by a stomping of Kansas. 45-0, and then a successful invasion of Lubbock’s Jones AT&T Stadium with a 31-13 trashing of T-Tech! TCU comes in to Ames, Iowa unbeaten at 7-0 and clearly, the standard bearer for the B-12’s CFP hopes! The Frogs have already beaten Oklahoma State, 44-31 & West Virginia, 31-24 and headed for a showdown in Norman with OU. All that changed when ISU won in Norman, now Gary Patterson’s team faces a strong challenge from the Cyclones @ Jack Trice Stadium, and an improved Texas team (who beat ISU, 17-7) before they even think about their trip to Oklahoma. That OU game is now a long way off! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying its TCU -7, while SCFP thinks its the Horned Frogs, 7-1 in the Statistical whippin but a narrow 31-25 victory on the scoreboard!
TV ESPN 2 / 2:30 P.M.
2. NC State 6-1 @ Notre Dame 6-1: If Matty Campbell thinks his journey from Toledo to Ames was traveled at Light Speed, so to, must Dave Doeren, who, like Campbell. arrived in the ACC via the MAC! This time the journey originated in DeKalb, Il (NIU) and ended in Raleigh, NC @ NC State. NC State features one of the best defensive ends in the country in Bradley Chubb and worse for ND, Bradley is the cousin of Nick Chubb, who ran for 63 yards vs the Irish in their only loss. Georgia 20 ND 19! Chubb is rated as 6th over all pick in the 2018 NFL draft (Tampa). He is matched up with the lest side of the ND line and Mike McGlinchey , who is projected as the 7th over-all pick (Arizona). This should prove interesting! Pre-game comments by the coaches suggest that the Wolfpack have the better game focus! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying its ND -8, while SCFP thinks its the Fight Irish, 7-1 in the Statistical battle and winning the game, 32-26!
TV NBC 2:30 P.M.
1. Penn State 7-0 @ Ohio State 6-1: No question this is the day’s best game, the Lions are 7-0 and our coming off a 42-13 pounding of Michigan in Happy Valley. This to avenge a 49-10 whipping at the hands of the Wolves a year ago in the Big House! PSU has one more score to settle, this time it is with the CFP Committee, who, although PSU beat OSU in OT, 24-21, won the B-10 East Division Championship, and then beat, an 11 win Wisconsin, 38-31 in the B-10 Championship, were, somehow, left out of the FBS’ Final Four! Instead, the committee selected the team that they beat from the division that they won, Ohio State! On the surface; how can that be? Well, here we go again! OSU comes in with one loss, a bad one, to Oklahoma, 31-16! Since that game, the Buck]s, QB JT Barrett has thrown 18 TDs, 0 INTs, winning 5 straight (Army, UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland, & Nebraska), while OSU offense has scored 50 or more points and accounted for 500 or more yards in the last four games! It should be noted that PSU was coming off a BYE prior to the Michigan game, now note, OSU is coming off a BYE this week! Vegas Hot$heets opens saying its OSU -7, while SCFP thinks its the Bucks easy in the Statistical battle. 7 to 1 and but winning the game in a nail-biter, 29-28!
TV FOX 2:30 P.M.